Community Well-Being Agent
Permanent position; 25 hours per week
Working days - by agreement with Senior Operations Manager
£20,000 rising to £21,000 per annum pro rata after a successful 6-month Probation Period
Independence Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Community Well-Being Agent to come and join our Stroud team. The role will cover the Stroud / Cotswold Primary Care Network (PCN) and report directly to the network's Social Prescribing Facilitator.
If you are the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a 'can do' attitude
- Have previous experience of working with vulnerable individuals
- Have a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to travel across the locality to access the networks
The role requires that you:
- Work collaboratively with Statutory and Community groups within the network to develop and deliver an innovative asset-based, person-centred service; one which aims to improve the Health and Wellbeing of it community for clients who are aged 16+
- Work with individuals on a 1:1 basis, as assigned by the Social Prescriber, using a 'strength-based approach' (over a number of sessions) to empower them in identifying their own health and wellbeing needs
- Establish working partnerships with community groups whilst supporting individuals to access activities and resources within their locality
- Use and sustain community resources and networking to link individuals into 'best fit' services that promote independence and self-care
In return we will offer:
- 25 days Annual Leave (pro rata), rising to 27 after 2 years and 32 after 5 years + Statutory Bank Holidays
- Free Healthcare Plan
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday, 10 November 2023
Applications will ONLY be accepted with a completed application form - click here to download. To download the full job roll profile click here. You can download our Equality and Diversity Policy by clicking here.
For further information about the post contact Cynthia Kerr, Senior Operations Manager, on 01452 317460.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check for both adults and children. Independence Trust is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of childre, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all our colleagues to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
Independence Trust is part of the GRCC group.